Last Updated: August 4, 2020
Collection of Information
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you make a donation, share your story, fill out a form, send us an email, call us, sign up to receive updates, attend an event, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, employer or affiliated organization, and any other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SITE
When you access or use the Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your Internet Protocol address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you. For example, if you interact with us through a social media site, such as Facebook or Twitter, we may collect information about you from those sites.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our website;
- Provide the services you request, process donations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about services and events offered by TWC and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
TWC is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- When you submit your personal story or participate in the interactive areas of our Site, certain information about you may be displayed publicly;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of TWC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of TWC; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you in TWC materials, such as grant reports.
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
TWC takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
If you are a donor, volunteer, or partner, you may request to have information about you updated or corrected at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to have your information deleted, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from TWC by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails.
Tunda Women’s Coalition
Bethel, AK 99559